RSS

Pelican cloak- project completed

03 Oct

This is the cloak for Bronwyn, elevated to the OP yesterday.  The inspiration was a photograph of a stained glass church window.  I was 1/2 of the creative team for this cloak.  I built the applique and the physical cloak.  All the beading on the birds were completed by Lady Caitrina Gordon- called Katya.

Project details:

  • Purple cotton velvet- cartridge pleated caplet.
  • Linen applique, in the form of stained glass.

Inspiration:

Step 1: Applique Pieces

Stage 2:Inked

Stage 3: Lead Lines

Stage 4: Outer Ring

Stage 5: Completed cloak

With the beading:

Photo courtesy of Cateline la Broderesse

Advertisements
 
2 Comments

Posted by on October 3, 2011 in Pelican, Regalia, Sewing

 

Tags: , , ,

2 responses to “Pelican cloak- project completed

  1. Bronwyn Acthorn

    October 3, 2011 at 4:16 am

    I cannot convey just how gorgeous this is in ‘person’. I could try ‘just bloody awesome’. I also cannot convey how grateful I am to be the recipient of this garment. Thank you so very much.

     
    • Alysten

      October 7, 2011 at 12:57 am

      You are most welcome. I am very glad I could be a part of your day. I learned a lot by doing this project. Many tricks and hints that I will be able to pass on to other seamstresses. And you know what… If I were given the chance to do it all over again, I would. In a heart beat. Without even thinking twice.

      Katya and I are a dynamic duo. I love that we were able to surprise you. 😀

       

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: