During a class demonstration at Pennsic, I had an interesting error. Rather than use the egg white and corn syrup combo of my normal sugar paste recipe, I ended up with a bit of a snafu. My egg ended up scrambling in the short walk from my camp to the classroom tent. Since I only had one egg, I decided to just go with it, reminding the class that the yolk would probably color the sugar slightly.
To my surprise, we ended up with a white sugar product. It was able to hold more sugar than the standard recipe, and the corn syrup/glucose was not needed. We only used about 2/3 of the egg mixture. All we needed to adjust was a little more water. The texture was more pliable, similar to a fondant. I am not sure of the drying properties, as all of the samples were given away in the class. We figured the extra fat in the yolk helped with the elasticity of the over all sugar paste.
Needless to say, I will be playing with this in the future.