Monthly Archives: June 2010
I was asked to make a cloak for Baroness Lylie of Penhille’s elevation to the Order of the Pelican.
- 1/2 circle cloak of lightweight dark blue wool, lined in dark red linen. Cloak is 1/2 length with a period stand up collar.
- Embroidered pelican badge done in Cotton Pearl, using stem stitch, laid/couched stitch, split stitch, couched basket weave
- Embroidered badge attached to the cloak in gold work using detached buttonhole stitch.
- Collar is whipped stitched onto cloak.
- Internal seams were machine sewn.
- White linen fleur-de-lys appliques gold worked using detached buttonhole, stitch
- Gold work running stitch along seam lines for hand sewn finish details.
- Gold fleur-de-lys frog clasps to complete the closures