I have changed how I’m doing the slashes in the front of the waffenrok. I wanted a larger splash of white in each slash and it needed to have some sort of front closing mechanism. I went back to what I know, faux slashes. Though this required a different set of calculations and patterning.
1. Calculate all seem allowances. In this case 2 additional inches of seam allowance.
2. Add additional measurements to waffenrok pattern.
3. Cut out front waffenrok.
4. Mark out all cut lines and cut.
5. Create faux slash panels.
8. Hand stitch corner closure.
This creates the illusion of slashes with the safety of being completely closed. Perfectly list legal fencing armor